5.28.2011

Playdate with Mady

I'm always so far behind.  Seriously...it's becoming almost comical.  Sadly, Joacim and I have been working late a lot, and by the time we finally get home, eat and bathe, there's very little time for any picture taking or blogging.  I hope things start to settle down pretty soon, because we're tired.

Last weekend was a very nice weekend.  Joacim had to work, so Izzy and I had another playdate with my friend Sarah and her daughter Mady.  You may remember our first playdate.  This time, we went to Mady's house.

It took the girls a bit to warm up to each other.  They were BOTH playing shy.  But after Izzy discovered Mady's dress-up drawer, and the fact that it took STAIRS to get there, she was all good.  It's funny to watch how much Izzy loves stairs...you don't really think about it much, but since we don't have any, I think she's completely fascinated by them, and I think Mady taught her how to slide down them on her bottom :)

Here are the two girls closing the gate together.  If you look closely, you can see that Izzy has some dress-up shoes on and Mady's sporting a mermaid tail.

 They played with Mady's kitchen, snacked on some grapes, played with play-doh (both girls have pretty short attention spans :)  Then it was time to make some cookies! (You can tell that Sarah's used to have playdates more than we are.  I wasn't NEARLY as prepared when they were at our house.



 And here's the cat, Salem (Sarah, I'm pretty sure that's this cat's name, but if I'm wrong, don't hate me :)
And this is Cooper.  THIS dog is the reason we have Rosie.  After I met Cooper a couple of years ago, I swore I wanted a hound dog (which Cooper is part).  I didn't get a hound dog, but I did get one cute little pooch.  Anyway, Cooper is an AWESOME dog. A big dog, but an awesome dog!
 Then it was time to go outside and play on the scooters.  I wasn't sure if Izzy would be able to do it since she's never tried, but she proved me completely wrong.

I love looking at this picture.  I can see these girls as fast friends (and a handful of trouble later on :)

 After all that fun (and some yummy cookies) we went to the backyard to hang out.  They have a sandbox, and Izzy hasn't played in one since she was a year old because she wouldn't stop eating the sand :)  This little guy here is Jacob, Mady's brother.  He and his dad came home from a day at the track.  Look how cute that look that Mady's giving her brother!
 OMG...the sweetness...
 It's KILLING ME!!!  (and makes me a bit sad because Izzy won't get to have this sibling bond......)
I'm glad to see that Izzy's outgrown her sand-eating habit

SUCH a fun day..thanks Mady

No comments: