Bubbles, feet, sickness, and Light the Night

Whew...time is F-L-Y-I-N-G! Can't believe it's October tomorrow, and boy does it ever feel like it outside! I had to wear a sweatshirt when I was walking Murphy tonight because it was so chilly. I've decided that I'm going to try to embrace fall this year. Normally, I HATE this time of the year because it signifies the end of summer. However, after realizing that I rarely went outside this summer because it was so freakin' hot, and because I'm no longer 23 years old and running around in a bikini, I no longer really LOVE summer....sooo, I welcome Fall this year with great big open arms.

Real quick news...we've decided to switch day-care providers. With all of the issues I've had with Izzy's current daycare, I feel that I'll never have that level of trust I need, so we're switching. A friend of mine from work recommended a daycare that was still close to use, so we went and checked it out last week and were very please (thanks Jenny!). I'll let you know how it goes!

Izzy's had some big "firsts" since my last update. Last Wednesday, Izzy started blowing bubbles (or raspberries, as I like to call them). And it's so cute, because when she gets mad and is crying, she blows them even harder, only through really tight, pursed lips. It's hysterical!!!! This is Izzy in the process of blowing bubbles:

And this is the end result! Look at all that slobber!!!!! And to think it's only going to get worse ;)

She's been sooo figdety lately...doesn't want to be held, doesn't want to lay on her activity mat, unhappy in the bouncy seat, REALLY ticked off in the car seat. The other day I begged Joacim to take her because my skin hurt from her rubbing her feet against it, and he decided it was story-time....so cute!

The daycare called on Friday and said that Izzy had thrown up and they thought she was sick, so I went to get her. The entire drive there I was just figuring that she probably ate and had a big burp and that was it, but I had planned on taking a 1/2 day anyway to hang out with her, so no biggie, right? Well, I picked her up from daycare and she seemed fine. We went to visit Joacim at his work and she was a big fussy, but I just assumed that she wanted to eat, so I took her home to feed her, with plans to go to the zoo afterword. Well, it wasn't more than 10 minutes after we had been home that she vomited all over me, and I mean ALL over. And with vomit in my bra and underwear, and it in her hair and ear, she looks up at me and smiles...priceless. She managed to do this 2 more times during the afternoon. About an hour after we got home, I started to feel 'dizzy'. It then proceeded to become what I would call the worst hangover I have ever had. I never got sick, but I wanted to just to feel better. I asked Joacim to come home early because I was worried that I couldn't take care of her, which he did (thankfully!) He was actually holding her, standing in the sunroom, and she pooped so hard that it actually shot out of the back of her diaper...as we were watching, and plooped right on the rug! And we got another smile after that! :)

I wasn't feeling the greatest, but we invited my nephew, JT, to come and stay with us Saturday night, with plans to go to the zoo on Sunday. JT is VERY polite when he's staying at other peoples house, and he said I was a great cook (we had pot roast), so I told him he can come back ANYTIME :) He LOVES Joacim, and he seems to really respect and listen to him, which is great to see. He even asked Joacim to help him floss. Now I ask you, what 8-year old boy do you know that flosses?

Unfortunately, the trip to the zoo also didn't happen, because Joacim woke up sick on Sunday. Whatever this little virus was, it managed to hit all of us this weekend. I ended up taking JT back home early on Sunday, and then Izzy and I went shopping so we could stay away from home and Joacim could get some sleep.

Once we got home, the weather was so nice outside that I decided to have a little photo shoot with Izzy. As I mentioned early, there were a lot of first this week, and another one was Izzy finding her feet. I kept wondering why her socks were always half on her feet when I picked her up from daycare, and Joacim saw her pulling on them the other day. Now, as soon as we lay her down, up go her feet

Looks like she's flipping me the birdy!

More bubbles...

Look at her concentrating!

I finally got her to look at me in this one...

And this one I was just darn lucky! This is my new favorite photo...

Supposedly, Izzy rolled over TWICE at daycare today (from her tummy to her back), but I haven't seen it yet (and I'm a bit jealous that they got to see it first) that I'm pretending it didn't happen. :) I'm going to try to get her to do it tommorow, as she was in no mood for it tonight.

Also, and this is pretty important, Joacim and I are walking in the Light the Night Walk on October 11. This is an event to raise funds for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. For those of you that don't know, I lost a younger cousing to Leukemia, so this cause is near and dear to my heart. Please take a moment to check out my personal page and donate. It's for a good cause!!!!

No comments: