10.16.2013

Trip to the orchard and pumpkin carving

I remember last year around Halloween....I was so sad that there wasn't any place nearby like we had back in Indiana....a place where they had fall activities, corn mazes and pumpkins.  And this year, I'm happy to report that I FOUND a place!  Minnetonka Orchards is relatively close, and a GREAT place!  Well, to be honest, I didn't really find the place myself.  A friend of mine wanted to propose to his girlfriend, and he asked me if I'd be willing to take photos of the proposal (which I was THRILLED to be asked) and this is where he did it.

Izzy wanted to start off by getting her face painted


A kitty she shall be!

Family selfie!


And a tractor ride was included in the day's activities



Our day was sullied a bit by waiting over an hour for 2 brats and a hot dog.   Seriously.  So this is what we watched while we were waiting.

After a snack, we took a walk on the hayride route.  The colors of the leaves were peaking and perfect!













We picked out some pumpkins while we were there, and carved them right away when we got home.  This is the first year that Joacim REALLY participated, and it was FUN!





Separating the seeds is MESSY business!


Sadly, I didn't get any photos of the pumpkins once they were done :(

No comments: