1.03.2012

First day of my new life

Today started early for me...a 9:30am flight meant that I had to get up at 6:00am...can't remember the last time I had to do that! Yeah yeah...I know....I REALLY should've learned to get to work earlier, but I never did, and it got so much worse after Izzy. But I think that's going to be changing when we move up here. Speaking of up here...I'm in Minnesota right now. I flew up here this morning to start my new job. Before I went there, I stopped by the site of our new home that we're building. I was ELATED to see some progress...we have a basement! And we seem to have a fairly set close date (March 27th, keep your fingers crossed for me, will ya?)!

I took a few photos of the build....this is our walkout basement

I took this shot to get an idea of the size of our yard.  It goes back to that fence you see on the left, which isn't too bad (we're used to MUCH smaller)

I took this photo on what will be the 1st floor.  It's not a bad view...of course I wish it was lined with trees, but that's an expensive view up here!  This really isn't too bad...a nice little pond down there, and I'm not looking directly into someone's house, so I'm happy.

And so far, this part is completely empty, with no plans for it.  Of course, that could all change someday, but it looks like I'll be able to enjoy this big sky for awhile.  I'm thinking that I need a telescope now!!!

So that part was very exciting.  I then went to my new job.  I was happy that they had all of my stuff already (laptop, monitor, cell phone, SecureID), so that was great.  I've gotten everything connected (even using it right now to blog this) so the usual headaches seem to have passed.  There were a few things today that worried me, but I'm not going to focus on them.  I'm going to keep my mind completely open and see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

VERY cool pictures of the new landing pad! That has to be incredibly exciting!

Sounds like your new place is much more organized than my place that I'm (uh-oh, now not really) leaving. We have folks that do not get a computer for up to a week, and access to stuff takes a month or more. Ugh!

Best of luck with your new job! :)