12.31.2011

A trip to Emily's

We decided to head up to Emily's house for a couple of days. We hadn't seen her and Will for awhile, and we wanted to get away a bit before New Year's. It's always so relaxing there, and this time proved to be more of the same.

We headed up there Thursday night.  Izzy and I had spent the day at my Grandma's going through old family photos (which was AWESOME, btw....).  Joacim stayed at home to get his hair cut and take Lemmy to the vet, but we all ended up meeting at Emily's in the evening.  The first night we got pizzy, drank beer/wine and hung out by the fire.  Awesome.  Oh, and put on some false eyelashes...you know, just for shits and grins :O  Whatta ya think?  I don't have the pic of Emily's, but hers looked MUCH better than mine.

That was pretty much it.  We all had a rough night of sleeping (or lack thereof).  Poor Will was NOT a happy camper, and poor Emily suffered the brunt of it.  Joacim slept on a crappy sinking air mattress and I slept with Izzy who did alligator rolls all night long with sharp toenails in my back.  Awesome.

Will WAS in a pretty decent mood the next morning though.



Here's the crappy air mattress in the morning, completely caved in.  THIS one is going back....(an yes, apparently when the Trunks come over, your place will be trashed)
Emily had a couple of large boxes that she had wrapped for Will to play in, but I think Izzy might have liked it more.

The only thing that Emily wanted to do that day was ride her horse, so while she got ready, Joacim took Izzy and Will outside to swing.

OMG...those TEETH and that GRIN!!!
Then we went to the where the horses are boarded.  Here's Emily feeding a piece of candy to Cole (gross...yes, but kinda cute too)
This is Cole and Coach.  Cole is "underneath" Coach.  These two TOTALLY remind me of Rosie and Murphy.  Murphy and Cole are similar in that they're bigger and seem to rule the roost, while Rose and Coach are both little mischievous instigators.  Coach kept biting Cole's neck while Emily was grooming them.
There's this amazing lion-like cat at the barn.  Look at how beautiful he is!!!
.

And then Emily had the wise idea of having ME ride Coach.  There's NO WAY I would've ridden Cole...that's just too much horse for me, but Coach was manageable.  Don't get me wrong...I wasn't all that sure about it at first but Emily's a GREAT teacher.

I look enthused, don't I?  Actually, this is the look of scared shitless.  It actually went VERY well.  Joacim took a few videos, and I'd post them but it's embarassing how slow I was actually going when it felt a lot faster.  Thankfully, Coach was kind to me and smarter than me at riding :)
Aren't they stunning?
It was so chilly by the time we were finished that Emily and I hit the grocery story to get some stuff for chili.  Joacim was already back at Emily's house with Izzy since she wasn't enjoying the barn all that much.  He DID have a nice fire going (thank you!!!)  Then it was bath time for everyone!!!





And THIS is one of my favorites.  Izzy ke;pt saying how she didn't want to go to sleep, she wasn't tired.  She was wrong.  THIS is how she fell asleep.  In the middle of the floor, sucking her thumb.  So.  Cute.
We had a GREAT time!  Thank you Emily and Will for letting us hang out at your house!!!

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Looks like a ton of fun! have not been on a horse in forever, much to the chagrin of my little sister.