12.15.2011

Last Day at Lilly

Wow.  Today was an emotionally tough day for me.  It was my last day working at Lilly, and I was a weepy, blubbering mess.   I purposely didn't wear makeup today because I KNEW it would be pointless, and I was right.  Hell, I didn't even leave the house this morning without my first cry of the day.  Can't WAIT to see how puffy my eyes are tomorrow morning.

I'm sure I shocked some people by my uncontrollable emotions, but there wasn't anything I could do.  It came in waves and it was unstoppable.

I had written an email to everyone to say goodbye and thank them, and the overwhelming response I got from it FLOORED ME.  Emails, phone calls, notes to say thanks...it was just so unbelievably kind.  It makes me feel like I impacted people, and in a good way...can't tell you what that means to me to know that.

The work environment at Lilly is like no other place I've ever been, and maybe that's why it was so hard to leave...because that environment is so special to me.  I grew up at Lilly in regards to my career....I found my place....I know what I excel at.

And now I have to start over.

3 comments:

Holly said...

thinking of you! sounds like one of those awesome/difficult days. bet you'll be surprised at how solid you are when you start over!

Rob Monroe said...

Now you GET to start over. Okay, just trying to help out. I put in my resignation this week and was unable to eat for almost a whole day. :(

Unknown said...

Ah, I agree. I've grown (am growing) up there too. :)
But you're going to knock 'em dead in Minneapolis now!