12.27.2011

Visit to the Children's Museum

Ok...12 days since my last post....12 days since my last day of work....CONNECTION? Maybe. Let's just say that I've been enjoying being disconnected for awhile, but as my Grandma noted the other day, I NEED to update this, so here goes. I had taken Izzy to the Children's Museum when Joacim was in Sweden. I REALLY wanted to get a picture with Santa this year, and I figured this was the best bet for us BOTH getting what we wanted.

I took her on a Friday, and it was remarkably calm for the time of the year.  I took a day off of work to go because I hate going there on a weekend...it's impossible to do anything due to the lines, but on a Friday it was easy-peasy. I started off at the carousel on the 4th floor.  Who doesn't LOVE a carousel???  And then we went to a kid-sized little village, complete with a tree house, house and ice cream shoppe.  Here she is making me a sundae.


Here's the center atrium at the museum, for those of you that haven't ever had a chance to go.  It really is an incredible children's museum!
And then it was off to the Barbie exhibit.  I was a bit gun-shy here, because I didn't know if I wanted her to know what a Barbie was!  But she seemed to learn pretty quick.
Her favorite part was playing with and styling the Barbie's hair.
And of course a little dressing-up (not easy to find a dress that would go over here already poofy skirt!
And a mouth full of grapes at lunch.
Then it was up to the winter wonderland exhibit.

And Izzy's MOST FAVORITE activity of the day....the "ice skating" area....
This would've been on the front of our Christmas card had I time to make them this year....

And (drumroll please).......photo with Santa!!!!!!!!

And, awesomely enough, she wanted to go back again the next day to talk to him, so I'm thinking that the Santa-fear is now history!!!  Whoooop whooop!

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

We talk about that place last night with our friends we had dinner with. Sounds like we HAVE to make a trip up sometime. Abby just watched the video and all of the pictures and wants to come - RIGHT NOW! Silly girls. :)