1.04.2011

Recipe of the Day - Mustard Pomegranate Pork Tenderloin


This was really delicious!!  Very tender and moist (which is a triumph for me when it comes to pork tenderloin).  I served it with wild rice and a BIG salad.  I'm trying to cut down on the amount of meat I eat and fill half my plate with veggies.  Looks pretty good here :)

A couple of deviations from the recipe:

1.  I marinated for 24 hours.
2.  I didn't use the marinade that the pork was in for the reduction. I made a 2nd batch of sauce (and either double or triple the recipe, because there isn't much left once it's reduced).
3.  I seared the pork tenderloin in a skillet before I roasted it.
4.  I put the tenderloin on the rack of my roasting pan.  I tried it directly in the bottom of the pain, but the marinade started to burn and darken the underside.
5.  I didn't really baste the tenderloin while it was cooking, and don't think I will when I make this again.  Putting the sauce reduction over the pork tenderloin when service is tasty enough for me!
6.  Joacim actually got nectarine pomegranate juice, and it added a very nice little sweetness to it, so I'd highly recommend that!reci