1.03.2011

Recipe of the Day - Greek Chicken with Mini-Pitas and tzatziki

Okay, not the greatest photo...I took it with my iPhone, and they never turn out well when I'm inside, but it's one of the tastiest things I've made lately.  I've been craving feta and chicken for a while now, and tonight seemed like a good night. 

I didn't really follow a recipe..I kind just made it up as I went along, but here it is.  I took about a pound of chicken breasts, cleaned them and pounded them flat, and then cut them into 1 inch strips.  I seasoned with salt, pepper, lemon zest, and coated with olive oil.  I then cooked them on a grill pan for about 8 minutes (or until done).

I took an english cucumber and a tomato and sliced them very thinly, and then put salt and fresh lemon juice over them.

I found these awesome mini-pitas (which I actually like more than the regular kind because they were much softer and fresher-tasting), but they were too small to stuff, so I just cut them in half, put them on the side and used them as a little dipper. 

So, on the plate, there are the mini pitas, a few pieces of chicken, the seasoned cucumbers and tomatoes, with some fat-free feta, and this INCREDIBLE tzatziki from Le Grand that I found at Fresh Market.  It is so incredibly light and flavorful, yet the garlic doesn't knock you out like typical tzatziki dips do.  HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

No comments: