9.02.2010

Save the Date! Nephcure Walk Indianapolis - October 16, 2010

Nephcure is the only organization in the world (that I know of) that is seeking a cure for my disease, FSGS, which is why I've become fairly passionate about it.  We've recently started a chapter in Indianapolis, and while it's having a rough time getting off the ground, I'm hopeful about the support it can bring in the future.

As part of the chapter becoming a reality, we're holding a Nephcure walk on October 16, 2010 in Broad Ripple Park.  I don't think we've nailed down the time quite yet, but I anticipate it being in the morning...when  I know I'll post it here.

Anyway, I'd love to have you be a part of this event.  You can form your own team and fundraise, or you can be a part of my team.  And if that's too much of a committment right now, hey, I've got something else...just donate to my team :)

Normally, I'm not really comfortable in the "asking for money" arena.  But this is for me.  This is for my future.  This is for Izzy.  There may not be a cure found in my lifetime, but hopefully there'll be a cure someday.  Looking at videos on YouTube of little kids suffering from this makes me realize that I'm pretty lucky to have the knowledge and maturity to understand it and "deal" with it.  But these little kids...wow....they just have to grow up to fast because of all of the "adult" things they're dealing with.  It's quite sad, really. 

So I'm asking any of you that can spare it to please donate.  There's a link to the right on this blog that you can click and donate to my team.  I'm also including a link in this post.  Thank you!!!

Here's the link to my donation site :  http://www.firstgiving.com/jenntrunk

Here's a video on YouTube that I found that gives a nice description of my disease in terms that anyone can understand...

2 comments:

Nadia Stadnycki said...

Great job, Trunks! We can't wait to see you at the walk. Now to recruit a few more registrants!

Lindsey Baker said...

Your awesome!!!!! Lets see if we can get together next week.