8.14.2010

Recipe of the Day - Cheese tortellini with veggies and prosciutto

It's been FOREVER since I posted a recipe, so I thought I better cook a little something just to make myself feel a bit more domestic...

This was cheese tortellini with veggies and prosciutto...


I took some broccoli and tomatoes, coated them with olive oil and a tomato/basil seasoning that I had and roasted them in the oven for about 15 minutes (I like the broccoli a little crisp).  While that was roasting, I took some prosciutto, placed the slices on parchment paper and then on a cookie sheet and "baked" those as well, until crispy.  While the prosciutto was cooling (it takes much less time to crisp up than the veggies to cook) and the veggies were roasting, I boiled some store-bought 3-cheese tortellini.  And once the prosciutto was cooled and crispy, I chopped it up...at this point it's almost like crispy bacon, only thinner.

Once everything was done, I mixed it in the same bowl with some garlic-infused olive oil.  Tasty and easy.

No comments: