3.18.2010

I think I'm a little tired of this....

The primary medications I take for my kidney disease are predniosone and cyclosporine, both of which are immunosuppresants. Essentially, they are used to try to suppress whatever is "attacking" my kidney's glomeruli. Unfortunately, it doesn't just work on the kidneys but rather the entire body. And it seems that I catch every single bug/virus that I come into contact with. Having Izzy in a daycare certainly doesn't help me at all.
I could feel this sickness coming on yesterday morning. I woke up a bit stuffy with a sore throat, but this morning I felt downright AWFUL. All I wanted to do was lay in bed, but I had to get up and get Izzy to daycare. I know that I am in no condition to take care of her right now. After I dropped her off I ran over to the drugstore to pick up yet another prescription and some stuff to help me feel better. I'd read a ton of stuff about a neti pot, so I picked up one of those too. For anyone that doesn't know what a neti pot is, here is a link that kind of explains how they work. And I gotta tell ya, it's not fun to use one of these things. I felt like I was nearly drowning :) I'll try it again later, because the nasal sprays hurt my nose so much, but I'm not looking forward to it.
I have done nothing all day but sit on this sofa and surf Etsy. Seriously. And it feels good...

No comments: