12.12.2009

Playing catch-up

When I looked and saw that it had been November 15th since the last time I updated, I felt AWFUL! But then I think back and can't figure out a time where I could've stopped whatever it was that I was doing and blog anyway.

Things have been a whirlwind around here. Technically, this past Friday was my last day of work for the rest of the year(I say technically because I have a feeling I may have to go back on Monday or Tuesday for a bit), so I've been working a little bit later than I normally do lately, which means there is NO time when we come home. Izzy still isn't sleeping in her bed, but hopefully that's something we can remedy while I'm on vaccation. I've been trying to finish up Christmas shopping (yippeeee!!! almost done!!!!) and get ready for my kidney biopsy on Wednesday. I'd like to make a couple of big meals on Tuesday night so Joacim doesn't have to do too much...he's going to have his hands full with Izzyboo, so I don't want to add anything else to his plate if I don't have to.

This isn't to say we haven't had a LITTLE bit of fun around here...
Here we are at Petsmart. We had gone to Five Guys before this for dinner, and decided to head over to Petsmart. Izzy is REALLY into animals right now, so we thought this would be fun. Here she is looking at the birds..

And a guinea pig. I hope she doesn't think one of these will ever reside in this house :)

I CANNOT get enough of this pimp hat...and neither can she!


Here she is eating cookies...

We got Izzy a radio flyer tricycle for Christmas (but we couldn't wait to open it!!!) She loves this thing. She's a bit short for it right now, but hopefully by this summer she'll be able to pedal herself. And if not, it has a great little handle so Joacim and I can push and steer.


She almost had more fun playing in the box that the tricycle came in!


I guess this was right before Thanksgiving, just to give a time frame of reference. Speaking of Thanksgiving, I want to thank Brad and Missie for so kindly asking us to join their family for Thanksgiving dinner. My family wasn't able to get together this year and they took pity on us :)
Izzy LOVED playing with this toy. Brad had actually played with this when he was a kid, and his mom had kept it for the grandchildren, thankfully! She was entertained the entire day with this! It's too bad that simple toys like this are so hard to find today.

No comments: