8.22.2009

State Fair 2009

We took a day off a week ago to go to the State Fair. We've been teaching Izzy sounds that animals make, and we thought it would be fun to see her reaction to the real thing. Plus, Joacim and I love going to visit the animals too, and we always seem to miss something...either we're there too late in the fair and the aninals are already gone, or in this case, maybe too early??? There were hardly any horses there...really wanted to see the Belgians. Maybe we'll figure it out next year.

We met up with my friend, Rebecca, and her husband and daughter, Ken and Hannah. But I realized that I don't have one single picture of them, so you'll have to use your imagination.
Here's Izzy and Joacim checking out one of the horses that was doing dressage (Holly, I know that's not right but can you tell me what it's really called? It's where the horses manes and tails are all primped out, and the riders are in their nicest gear.....)

Here we are entering some animal barn....I'm so glad we got this wagon!

Here's Izzy checking out a dairy cow...

Ok, cow got a little too close for comfort

Here we are taking a break..


All-in-all...a very nice weather day. I got to try some deep-fried pickles (yum-o). I'm disappointed because I didn't get a corn dog, deep-fried dough or a carmel apple, but I DID get a taco in a bag, which came in a close 2nd to all the others. See..that's what the fair is all about...the FOOD!!!

No comments: