8.22.2009

Our first big-girl sickness...

Last Friday we had dinner with my old college roommate Carrie. We were going out for sushi, so I decided to feed Izzy before. Nothing special...just some scrambled eggs (have I mentioned that the list of things she'll actually eat is shrinking???). Well, she ate all of the eggs and has some fruit, and seemed fine. We went to dinner, had some nice conversation, came home and gave her a bath and she went to bed.

Well...around 2am, she woke up crying. Joacim had the monitor, so he looked at her through the screen, and then said she was going back to sleep....yeah, not so much. She was still crying so he got up to check on her and all I heard was, "JENN!!! COME IN HERE!!!"

Ok, that's not something you want to hear....EVER. Because it's never good. I jumped up out of bed and ran to her room, and the smell of vomit nearly knocked me to the floor. I have a BIG gag reflex, and it was all I could do to keep it down. But, when it's your little one, you just muster through and get to work. We got her undressed, I gave her a bath while Joacim cleaned up in her room. She was soooooooo pathetic looking. Completely confused as to what was going on, and unable to be satisfied. After we got her cleaned up, I dedided to sleep with her in the spare room, because the only way she would sleep was laying on me. Soo, off to bed we went. I didn't get much sleep...she was awake at 6am....happy. OK, I'm happy she was happy, but couldn't she have been happy..say...around 10am??? I mean, was that too much to ask??? I didn't want to feed her anything quite yet (except for water), so I did my best to entertain her in the room so we didn't wake Joacim up.
Murphy came in to join us...doesn't he look like the saddest dog in the world??? I swear, if they had a contest for it, he'd win. Not that I'm proud of that..

He did a good job of entertaining her. He's getting so good being with her...he lets her pet him and she plays with him. It's so much fun to watch. They were both crawling all over the bed. She was COVERED in dog hair...kinda gross but what can you do?

FINALLY!!! She sleeps....awwww...she's so cute that I almost forgot she woke me up with vomit. :)



She was kinda cranky the whole day, so I thought I'd take her out to her pool. Unfortunately, even this didn't work..

Here's a really cute shot of Murphy. He doesn't look as sad here, does he?

No comments: