4.12.2009

Day 1 - Fort Lauderdale

Finally, our vacation....I'm warning you now that I've got about a gazillion photos, and I won't be adding a bunch of info to them because I'm sure I'll violate some space requirement or something, but I'll try to break it down into days to make the posts a bit smaller..

Helping us pack...


At the airport getting ready to check-in...


On the plane, eatin' some puffs...


She was quite a hit with the flight attendants..


And the nice woman sitting next to us :)


So, for any of you that don't know the reason we went to Ft. Lauderdale, let me fill you in. Joacim is a BIG Iron Maiden fan. Iron Maiden's last concert of their current tour is in Ft. Lauderdale. Trunk Family = Ft. Lauderdale. And yes, they did play closer to home, but I was either pregnant or had just had Izzy at the time they were in Chicago, so he wasn't able to make it.

Luckily, Joacim had a work buddy, Vic, that lives in Boca Raton with his wife, Mandy, and they all went to the concert together. We decided to all meet for dinner before the concert, that way I could have the car if I needed it.

Here's Izzy sitting in her chair, eatin' more puffs, and contemplating life.


Here's a cute shot of the 3 of us:


And here's Izzy and Mandy, and there's Vic in the back..


After we left the restaurant, those guys went to the concert and Izzy and I went back to the hotel. We went for a walk, then hung out in the hotel room.

End of Day 1.

No comments: