8.03.2008

Hmmmmm...

I titled this post "Hmmm" because that's exactly what I said when I tried to figure out what I would include in this blog. Izzy and I have been doing lots of things since my last post; I'm just trying to remember them :)-

Let's see.....Izzy and I ventured downtown for what I would call our first big solo outing. We went downtown, parked at Circle Center mall, and walked over to the farmers market in front of the City Market. My friend Rebecca and I enjoy going there during the summer, and on Wednesdays they have a big farmers market, so I thought it would be nice for little Izzy and me to try it out, and it was. It was really crowded, but we were able to pick up a few things. After that, we went to the mall to walk around and get something to eat. It felt really good to get out of the house and go shopping with my little girl.

Then on Friday, we met my friend, Rebecca, for lunch at Nordstrom's cafe (they have THE BEST tomato basil soup!!!), and then I took Isabelle into work to show her off. I gotta say, though, that being there made me realize how little I'm looking forward to coming back. I'm going to have a hard time being away from her, I can say that for sure already.

My parents and my little sister came down too and spent some time with Izzy. With my stepmom's work schedule, it's been hard for them to all come down at the same time but they were able to work it out and hang out for a while, which was nice. My little sister is going to be spending a few days with us next week too, so I'm looking forward to that. We'll probably head up to the state fair, which starts this week (gotta get my CORN DOG fix :)

I've been able to work out fairly frequently too, which has been great. I started back up with Pilates, but it's only on Saturday mornings, so I've been trying to get the YMCA a few times during the week too, because there's no way things are going to go back to where they used to be (if they do at all!) unless I start doing something a bit more strenuous than walking Murphy. My neighbor, Wendy, has graciously offered to watch Isabelle whenever I need her to, and the YMCA also has a day care, so I have no excuses! It's going to go slow, and I just need to remember that and not be so hard on myself for not being back in perfect shape. Ahhh...patience was never one of my virtues!

I have been having so much fun with Izzy...she smiles so much and coos and sometimes screeches! I love all of the noises (yes, even the crying ones too!)

I've been taking some funny videos of Izzy too, but I'm liking this one a lot. I was just taking a little video with my camera because she was so smiley, and you can understand why at the end of the video...enjoy!!


Here's some random photos that I've been taking of her too...







No comments: