8.20.2008

The beginnings of teething?, Lucas Oil tour, visit with Grandma and day care...

Wow!!! So much to write about since my last post! I hate that I've gotten so delinquent about blogging....and it's not so much about me being delinquent, its just that everytime I get this computer out in the evening, Miss Izzy decides that Momma should be paying attention to her (and she wins EVERY time :) She's sitting peacefully on Joacim's lap right now, so I'm going to use this time to my advantage.

Last Friday, Isabelle just wasn't herself in the evening. Normally, she's pretty laid back in the evening...never gets REALLY fussy..that is until Friday. This little girl has found her voice (and that decible that's almost out of the range of human hearing!) I really couldn't figure out what was wrong with her, and it was a bit nerve-wracking during dinner. Normally, she'd fall alseep in her carseat on the way to anywhere, and then we could enjoy dinner, but not so much this time. We had to hold her the entire time, and that's a bit unusual for her. And it wasn't any better after we got home. I noticed that she was drooling a LOT, which is also unusual for her, and trying to stick anything and everything in her mouth. I felt the top of her gum and felt a little nub, and I'm guessing that's what was causing her foul mood. She was prety much inconsolable Saturday morning too, until I got out the baby Orajel. After that, she was a happy little girl again. I know it's a little early for her to be teething, but something was definitely going on in there. It seems to have abated for now, thankfully.

Saturday, we were lucky enough to tour Lucas Oil Stadium. That was the day that the stadium was officially open, and my Uncle Dick was one of the lucky ones to get some tickets. They were given away for free, but with only 80,000 tickets made available, they were a bit hard to come by for some. I didn't even try to get some, so I was super excited when my uncle emailed me and asked if we wanted to go. What a pleasant surprise. The stadium is fantastic! I'm sure it's the only chance we'll get to be there (unless we hit the monster truck rally in September :), so it was a real treat. After the tour was over, we all went to dinner at P.F. Changs, and then walked down the canal. It was a really great day! Here are some photos..

This was just a funny little face that she made:


Here she is on the field:


Here she is with my uncle :)


Here we are on the big screen!!!!


And here's a picture of the beautiful stadium:


On Sunday, we went to visit my Grandma and her husband, Marvin. They were camping not too far away from here, and they hadn't seen Izzy since she was a couple weeks old, so we headed over there to have dinner. I have wonderful memories of camping with my grandparents when I was a kid, so it was fun to get a sense of that feeling again. I can remember the sound of the rain hitting the top of the camper roof, and Grandma cutting canteloupe for dinner, and roasted marshmallows (I like my burnt!). Great memories...makes me wonder what kind of memories Izzy's going to have when she's my age. Hopefully great ones that include her momma and pappa!

Here's a photo of my Grandma, Izzy and me:


Monday was the first day that I took Izzy to day care. I'm trying to wean myself from her this week, so by the time next Monday comes around I can actually function without her :) It was hard...okay, let's be honest..it was one of the hardest things I've ever done to this point. Who knew! I was a babbling idiot from the moment I woke up until about an hour after I left her there. Seeing some stranger holding your little girl as you walk out the door brings some very strong emotions to the surface. Miss Kathy and Miss Mary are wonderful, so I don't have any fears about leaving her there,...I just miss her. Thankfully Joacim was there with me to help get me through, and we were able to pick her up together at lunchtime. I started out with 4 hours on Monday, and then I'm adding an hour every day. It's been good for me, I know, but I still hate it. I've been able to get some things done around the house, and some errands that are easier to do without her, but I'd trade them all if I could just stay home with her all the time. God I love her!

Brandy Cunningham came over on Tuesday evening to take Izzy's 3-month pictures. Unfortunately, Izzy wasn't a willing participant this time. She got pretty fussy right before Brandy got here, so I gave her some more baby Orajel and nursed her a bit, but then she just got tired. If she wasn't screaming then she was sleeping. There wasn't anything we could do to wake her up. I know these things happen, and thankfully Brandy does too, because she wasn't at all upset that she had driven down here and wasn't able to do the shoot. We've rescheduled for Sunday morning so we're hoping things work out. Izzy's very smiley in the morning, so we're hopeful that it'll all work out. Of course, she could trick us, like she did right after Brandy left. Here's a photo of her about an hour after Brandy left....see the smile???



This photo is just too cute to not share!


Well, I think that's about it for now. It's getting late, and I've got to figure out a way to get Izzy to go to bed. She's been sitting patiently on Joacim's lap the entire time I've been posting, and that's a rarity, so we're just enjoying watching her. Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I can't believe you start back to work...I bet you can't believe it either!! I hope the rest of the week went well. Good luck tomorrow! We took Brooke twice to get her 6 month photos taken. She would not cooperate either time so we just don't have any(professional that is). :-(