9.01.2008

back to work, Octoberfest, Ribfest, and swimming!

Whew! What a lot of info to share. I really wish I had the time to do this more frequently during the week (of course I probably have time, but it would interfere with the few hours of sleep I've been getting lately :). There are so many things that happen during the week that I'm sure I forget about.

Let's see...oh yes, I went back to work. Can't really say it's any different that I imagined...I had secretly hoped that I would LOVE to go back to work and enjoy the stimulation of adult conversation. My hope was that it would make it easier to leave Izzy at daycare everyday...alas, I can report that this is not the case. I hate starting the day by leaving my little girl, but I also know that is is how it has to be for now, so no use dwelling on it.

We had some hiccups during the week with daycare, but I think we'll get it all figured out eventually. It all surrounds Izzy's feeding schedule (or lack thereof, I should say), but we're working on it. I will say that it consumed most of my thoughts this week...I've never talked or thought so much about nursing, pumping or feeding in my life, but it really consumed most of my thoughts. Needless to say I didn't get much actual work done, so I guess I'm going to have to turn on my brain starting this week. I've been assigned a project that is late in the timeframe of the project, yet early in the actual project planning, so I'm already behind the gun.

I was so surprised by how little time I had to do anything in the evening. Joacim's been working so much lately, and typically hasn't been getting home until around 8:00pm, so as soon as he gets home he showers, grabs something to eat, and takes Izzy so I can start cleaning and sanitizing her bottles and getting her and my stuff ready for the next day of work and daycare. I tell you, it's EXHAUSTING, as this picture shows:

I couldn't keep my eyes open no matter how hard I tried!

I have not been very good about taking photos of Izzy since I started work again...I need to refocus! Here's a cute on that Joacim took of her:


On Wednesday, I had my new car stereo installed. It's a gift from Joacim for my upcoming birthday. I know...strange gift, but it's exactly what I wanted. I wouldn't have said that at the time, because I could not figure out how to run our ipod through the darn thing. I had finally given up, and we were on our way for a tutorial at Best Buy on Saturday, when Joacim figured it out. I swear, I used to be smart, but apparently all those cells are now gone (probably thinking about pumping or something baby-related):)

I'm soo glad it was a 3-day holiday weekend!!! We needed the time to regroup and have some fun. On Friday, we went to our friends John, Kelly and Molly's house for a BBQ for some Swedish friends that were back in town for a visit. Little Izzyboo was so tired from her long week, so we weren't able to stay very long, but we had a good time while we were there, and it was nice to see Joel and Lena again.

On Saturday, we and our friends, the Benatti's, went to Ocktoberfest. This year, the German club was trying something new, so instead of having it at German Park here on the south side, they moved it to the fairgrounds. I'm sure they were doing it to boost attendance, but it completely lost the atmosphere of the event. German Park is such a nice setting, with trees and grass, and the whole festival was outside. At the fairgrounds, they had the rides outside, plus the bratwurst tent, but not much else. It took on more of a carnival atmosphere. I don't know...call me a stickler for tradition, but I think they missed the mark on this one. Hopefully they'll move it back to German Park next year. Here'a a photo of Izzy and Joacim. Notice that they're standing in what looks like the middle of a parking lot...


On Sunday, we took Murphy for walk to one of the soybean fields down the road to work his brain a little. Apparently, while Murphy was running around there, he tried to jump over a muddy creek.....and MISSED! I've never seen a dirtier dog...but he looked SO happy! After the walk, it was straight to the dog wash...


Here's a cute photo of a smiley Izzy with her Pappa:


Once Murphy had his bath and we did some things around the house, we went to the Ribfest downtown to get some food and hear some bands. The food was good, the bands were OK, and Izzy slept through the entire thing:


A lot of evenings, while I'm inside feeding Izzy, Joacim takes Murphy outside to play with him, since he's been sorely lacking seriously play time lately. They've been working a lot with the frisbee, and Joacim wanted to show us what Murphy can do now, and he's GREAT!!! Huge potential!!! Check out the height!!!


After some playtime with Murphy, we went to the grocery store (yuck), and then went to the Benatti's so that Izzy could get in some pool time before the end of the summer. This was actually her first trip to the the pool, and I wasn't very hopeful considering how little she seemed to like being in the bathtub, but she surprised me! She was pretty calm, and I can't say that the water was all that warm, but it was nice and sunny outside, which probably calmed her. She stayed in the water for about 10 minutes, and then proceeded to throw a small fit. After we got her water-logged diaper off of her, we laid her in the stroller and she slept for a couple of hours. I must say that it was so nice to lay in the sun for awhile. I didn't get a chance to do it at all this summer, so I'm glad I got one day in. Hopefully there's still some more good days left! Here are some shots of Izzy at the pool:

No comments: