5.25.2008

37 weeks



I'm HUGE!!!!!! We had a doctor's appointment this past Tuesday, and I'm now 2cm dilated and 50% effaced, which means STUFF IS HAPPENING!!! Granted, I know I could stay here for 3 more weeks, but I'm really hoping that it doesn't happen that way. The baby's head has moved down, and I feel a LOT of pressure (plus I think I hit the bathroom at least 1-2 times every hour!). We're ready....bags are packed and my "list" is complete...

My doctor seems to think it'll happen in the next couple of weeks, so we'll see. I'm just glad that it didn't happen this weekend. Joacim and I watched my sister, Brianne, and her new puppy, Champ, while my parents went to the Indy 500. They came here last night, and just left a couple of hours ago, and we had a great time. Here's a photo:



He is a VERY good little puppy! I was worried that we were going to be overwhelmed, but it was actually more fun than anything. Brianne really loves that little bugger, and Joacim tried to teach her some things to help train him. And it was great for Murphy as well. Murphy showed him who's boss, and after that, they got along great! They were constantly playing and rough-housing...sometimes even in Murphy's crate! Here's a photo of the two of them together:



I'm still REALLY enjoying my maternity leave, and now that my list is pretty much done, I can focus on relaxing. That's the ONE thing I haven't worked very hard at, and it's what I need most. I was told by someone a long time ago that I should try to spend 15-20 minutes a day in a quiet place, with no distractions, and focus on relaxing, but I haven't done that yet at all. Hopefully I'll get a chance to do that this coming week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! 37 weeks! You're all baby! When you put your arms down - the side view is all baby! Not long now chickie. Enjoy this time - soon life will never be the same!