5.19.2008

36 weeks


Ahhhhh!!! 36 weeks!!! The countdown feels like it's really beginning now, and I'm freaking out (just a tiny little bit!) I had my first full week of maternity leave last week, and it was WONDERFUL. I was able to get a lot of little things checked off of my list, as well as get some much needed rest. And quite honestly, I haven't thought about work one single time....

Friday was Joacim's birthday. He spent it at the NRA convention(yes, my husband is a card-carrying member of of the NRA) with his friends Brad and Stephan. When he got back, I gave him his presents (which included a GPS system) and we went out to dinner. Then, this past Saturday we drove down to Louisville to go to the zoo and spend the night. We had heard great things about the zoo, but neither Joacim nor I were that impressed. At least the weather was great. It was BEAUTIFUL!!! Once we finished up at the zoo, we went on a tour of the Louisville Slugger factory, where Joacim got a personalized bat, and then we went to something called 4th Street Live to get something to eat. Here's a photo of Joacim in front of the Louisville Slugger factory.


We were both soo tired after that, but decided to go to Bass Pro Shops to look for some rain pantsn for walking Murphy. Here's a great photo of me trying some pants on...


After that, we crashed in our hotel room. We woke up early and drove to the new Ikea in West Chester, OH to check it out and pick up a few things, and then we came home. We decided to pick up Murphy a day early because we love having him here, and it didn't seem right to leave him at day care if we were both home.

Today, I went and got some tomato plants so I could get that checked off of my list, but right as I was clearing the garden of weeks, it started raining...and it's STILL raining. It looks like the weather's going to cooperate the rest of the week, so I'll get them planted at some point. I hope it gets nicer so that Murphy can plan outside in the newly fenced-in yard. It doesn't seem fair that it's finally ready but the weather's not cooperated.

I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. We are now starting to go every week now, which is really driving the reality home...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joacim!

Anonymous said...

I guess I should have said "congrats" on hitting 36 weeks too! You look great!