3.20.2015

To catch a leprechaun....

Izzy had to build a leprechaun trap for St. Patrick's day.  We came up with a lot of great ideas, but settled on a trap that the leprechaun would fall into.


Of course, we had to entice the leprechaun with lots of green and shiny things.  Izzy also decided that leprechauns like orange, which explains the role of orange duct tape that she's cutting.

All in all, I think this was a fantastic leprechaun trap.  Note the rainbow made out of pipe cleaners, and the sign that says "gold" :)  The gold things on the rainbow are the "shinys" from the "pot o' gold" that's under the rainbow.

I loved how Izzy really took this on as her own project.  She spent over an hour adding little embellishments to it.  I thought it would be good to add a staircase so that the leprechaun could easily get up to the pot of gold, because the "trap" was right under it.  Izzy did a great job of trying to guide the leprechaun ;)  What Izzy was trying to write was "shiny, dangly stuff.  jewelry perfect for leprechauns"!!!

Because the trap was a little bit bit, I thought it would be better if I dropped it off at school for her so it didn't get all mashed up in the trip.  I guess Izzy was driving everyone crazy the whole day, wondering where I was.  I wasn't able to get there until the end of the day, but I made it in time!  This is Izzy explaining her trap to all of the kids in her class.


It was so fun to see all of the creative ideas that the kids had.  They each found a special place to put their trap, hoping to be the one to catch the leprechaun.  Unfortunately, that little bugger was a bit too sneaky for all of them, but he left them some "gold" nuggets.  Maybe next year we'll get him!

No comments: