12.05.2013

Sun dogs and a little bit o'randomness

Here was the amazing view I had when I drove to work this morning:



I had no idea what this crazy beautiful phenomenon was until I consulted Google.  Here's what Wikipedia told me:

A sun dog, mock sun or phantom sun, scientific name parhelion, is an atmospheric phenomenon that creates bright spots of light in the sky, often on a luminous ring or halo on either side of the sun


Blah blah blah....all I know is that it was beautiful!  Here's a few more photos that others captured.

Sunny day = happy dog

The shoe pile in our hallway is taking over!!!  An end to the madness had to be near!!!

And the following video of Izzy is AWESOME!  We have quite the little performer on our hands, but she always stops when she knows I'm taking picture/video, so I had to sneak up on her.  I tell you, this video makes it all worth it.  Enjoy!!!


No comments: