7.01.2013

So this happened....

I'm not quite sure if you can see it very well in this photo, but the 2nd toe from the left is...well....not very happy.


It turns out that it's actually broken.  I did it one afternoon when I ran into Izzy's trampoline.  It's not her fault that it was right in the middle of the floor, but it IS completely my fault.  I brought it up from the basement so she could bounce on it while I cooked dinner and I never put it away.  Sadly, I have a very poor sense of my body, and literally smacked right into it when I was going up stairs.  I cannot begin to describe the pain.  Intense.  Yes, that's a good word.

This actually happened right before our friends arrived and we went on vacation.  I remember it hurting like hell whenever I'd walk on the sand, which makes perfect sense if you think about how you use your toes to grip it.  When we got home from vacation, I went to the doctor to have it checked out.  It had been about 12 days after I actually hit it...12 days of pain.  The bone closes to the foot is actually fractured, so they gave me this terribly sexy shoe to wear.


And now, it's been 6 weeks, and it still hurts like hell.  It swells up like a mini smokie link whenever I stand too long, so I have no idea what I'm going to do.  A closed-toe show is out of the question...yoga is tricky.  This is REALLY putting a cramp in my working out, and my wearing of very cute summer shoes. :(

And what's even funnier is that I broke this same damn toe back in 2011.  Ugh.

No comments: