3.25.2011

My freakin' broken toe

This happened a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to blog about it for posterity.  It was a Tuesday, and I had finished an awesome workout (Bob Harper kettlebell workout = kettle HELL).  I had moved some furniture around so I could work out, and didn't move it all back when I was done.  It's a decision I would sincerely regret an hour later.

I'm standing in the living room, walking toward the kitchen and BAM!  Toe makes contact with foot of ottoman....very hard, very heavy wooden foot of ottoman.  I screamed...said a BUNCH of things I won't repeat here, and prayed prayed prayed that my toenail was still attached.  I looked down, and it wasn't (thankfully) but I knew it wasn't OK.  It was broken.  Now, there's pretty much shit you can do with a broken toe...eventually you can tape it to a neighboring toe, but I couldn't even TOUCH this thing...there was no way that I was putting any freakin' tape anywhere NEAR it.

let's see....things that were affected by this:
1.  Couldn't go to work the next day because I couldn't put a shoe on it.
2.  Couldn't go to Yoga the next night because even the simple downward-facing dog was impossible with my toe's compromised state.
3.  I haven't been able to wear anything with a heel ever since, and it's been over 2 weeks.  This is making it VERY hard for me to find something to wear...ahhh, the problems :)

And for those that don't believe me, I have picture proof.  This is right after it happened....nice, normal flesh color, if not a bit swollen (it's the 2nd toe from the left)

 This is what it looked like the next night


 I think this was a couple of days after that....

It's pretty much back to it's normal color now, but still hurts like a bitch when I hit it (or when Rosie or Murphy or Izzy step on it).  At least I can wear shoes now...but I do miss my heels :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

holy flipping cheetah wheelie! that looks awful and awfully painful. damn