8.29.2012

Emily and Will's visit

Yayyyyyy!  Visitors!!! We were lucky enough to have Emily and Will make the long pilgrimage up to Minnesota for a visit last weekend.  I have missed them dearly and I was so excited to see them pull into my driveway ;)

look at these big, beautiful brown eyes!!!


Will wasn't even walking the last time I saw him, and look at him now!!!!

Izzy was SUCH a big helper.  She plays so well with other kids...I know I hit the lottery on that one.  She was so calm and patient with Will....adorbs!




Aug 17 2012 - Izzy washing Will's hair from Jenn Trunk on Vimeo.










Izzy was reading will a story about pandas while he brushed his teeth.  Can't I just bottle this cuteness???

Aug 19 2012 - someone cares and someone doesn't from Jenn Trunk on Vimeo.
Will didn't like coloring nearly as much as he liked dumping all of the crayons and scattering them through the living room :)




I swear I didn't pose her like this.  She's such a girly girl


our first attempt at beer-can chicken....thanks to Emily for the awesome seasoning!!!!

Will LOVES corn on the cob...cooked or not.  This happened to be 'not' but he's actually dancing from happiness in this photo.

On Saturday night, we had a dinner and some friends over.  On the menu:  beer can chicken (see above), pork chops (both chicken and pork chops were from our meat CSA....soooo yummy), sausage, potato salad, spinach salad with goat cheese, and roasted tomatoes.

The guys almost look like vultures circling their prey...poor poor chicken

And our happy little gathering of friends



I MISS this girl...I keep trying to convince here to move here....gonna have to work harder on this :)

We had a pretty lazy day on Sunday.  I wasn't feeling well (again) so we took it easy.  The most excitement we had was a pillow fight ;)


As always, the visit was way too short.  Things just feel more "normal" when Emily and Will are around.  Can't wait to see them again in November!

No comments: