2.14.2012

Grandma's Birthday

This year, on January 18th, was my Grandma's 80th birthday.  She's an amazing woman and has been through a lot in her life, but she's never had a real birthday party, so my aunt and I decided to surprise her with one.

My Aunt Nancy had the FANTASTIC idea of telling Grandma that we were having a going-away party for Joacim, Izzy and me, so it was easy to get her there.  I love surprises...

Here's Izzy playing around when we got there.  She was spending the weekend at Grandma and Grandpa's, so they met us there with her :)  Funny how much I miss that little bugger after one night...

Here's Grandma's expression when we told her.  I think she was VERY happy and VERY surprised...SUCCESS!!!!


Grandpa LOVES Izzy...and I think the feeling is mutual

Here's Grandma's cake

She didn't have any problems blowing the candles out.  Now if I had actually put 80 candles on there...might've been a different story :)


Here's my sister and Grandma making sure Izzy doesn't go home hungry.


Here's Izzy playing with my cousin Jared.  High-five is apparently a hilarious game :)

And here is the most amazing 80-year old out there.  Happy Birthday, Grandma!!!  Love you!!!

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Looks like an awesome party! My family surprise-partied my great grandmother for her 90th. I questioned their motives, to be honest! 80 is much more suprisier! :)