11.02.2011

Izzy's first tumbling class!

I signed Izzy up for a tumbling class at the YMCA, and yesterday was the first one.  I thought that this was something she'd really love because they have this program at her daycare called "Jump Bunch"...kinda like P.E. for daycare.  Anyway, she always seems to love it so I thought this would be perfect.  And I SWEAR that she's built to be a gymnast :)

Unfortunately, it didn't start off as well as I had hoped.  She had a HUGE fear episode during their little warm-up.  She just froze, turned around to look at me and told me she wanted to go home.  As a mom, I have a hard time with this...I want so much for her to grow up strong and confident and assertive...probably not realistic for a 3-year old :)

I sat with her during the warm-up, and at some points I was actually moving her arms for her.  Then she had to go potty.  So I took her.  And ended up bribing her with a cake pop from Starbucks if she'd go back and try.

And it worked.







 And she's happy.  And do you know what the very first thing she asked me when she came over to me after she was done?  "Mommy, can we get that cake pop now?"
 And so I obliged...
 And then we went to go get a haircut.

2 comments:

Rob Monroe said...

Cake Pops solve most problems in the world. Send a 'Bucks to the Middle East and there would be peace! :)

Adorable pics!

Abby was nervous around this age. Now she is confident but not reckless, a good balance. I think they have to go through the nervous stages to learn how it feels. If it gets really back, as it did for Abby (fear of walking across bridges, which we do a LOT during the warm months). :)

I'm sure next week will go even better!

Unknown said...

I tried to convince Mady to go with me to a dance/gymnastics class too, but she was adamant that all she would so is watch (I am SURE she would've reacted the same as Izzy). Since we were in the middle of moving I didn't push it, but I wish I had! I think after Xmas we'll start the session, even if it takes some bribery too!