10.31.2011

Halloween 2011

It was finally time for Joacim to carve a pumpkin.  He's always helped, but more often than not I've done most of the carving, so it was nice this year to have some help.  I'll admit that I drew the pattern (at Izzy's request of a Happy Face) but that was about the extent of my grunt work.
While he was busy carving, Izzy poked holes in the lid with a sharp object (bad parenting moment #4465) and I cleaned off the seeds to roast later (which totally reminds me that I forgot that tonight :(  )


And here's the finished product....pretty good for a foreigner, wouldn't you say?  :)


Sadly this year, Joacim wasn't able to enjoy seeing Izzy really get in to the spirit of the holiday for the first time since he flew out to Minnesota this morning for work.  I talked with him on the phone, and I told him that he's going to have a BIG helper handing out candy next year...Izzy's a pro now.
Here's a video of Izzy at her 2nd house (I didn't have the phone ready for the 1st...damn technology)



This is Daniel.  Daniel is a kiwi from New Zealand, who moved to Sweden and works for Tetra Pak, and is now living here temporarily before moving to Minnesota this winter as well.  He's a great guy, and Izzy adores him.  I don't think I've seen her run up to anyone and give a hug to like she does with him!
And this is Daniel's girlfriend, Caroline.  She just arrived from Sweden on Friday for a short visit.  This is the first time we've met her, and she's absolutely lovely.  And the great thing is that Izzy seems to love her too!  She ran right up to her and gave her a hug as well, and I don't think she's ever done that with a girl (she seems to be partial to men....little early for that, but what can I do?  :).

When we got home, Izzy ran to the door every time someone knocked or rang , just to make sure that SHE could be the one to give them the candy.  She wasn't very pleased when people didn't say "Thank You", as I'd been telling her that she needed to say it after every house :)


Do you see Izzy looking at Caroline in the photo below?  That's known as adoration...a pretty Swedish girl reading Izzy her Swedish books, and she brings her other favorite person, Daniel?  Izzy was in HEAVEN.....
And here's a video of Izzy playing with Daniel and Caroline.  I think she's going to LOVE hanging out with these two :)


1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

SO wonderful to have folks like that around! Abby has begun to get really excited by "safe strangers" as we call them - folks that she meets through an adult she trusts.

Abby looked at the pictures with me. She wants me to say:
I like your words, and that's a silly pumpkin!