7.13.2011

4th of July Weekend - sans Izzy, motorcycle ride and Florence + The Machine

Joacim and I had tickets to see Florence + The Machine (my absolute FAVORITE right now!!!) on the 4th of July, so Izzy went up and stayed with my parents for a couple of days.  It was the first time she had stayed there and she had a great time.

While we were waiting for my parents to get here to pick her up, we spent some time playing on the front lawn and eating popsicles.
Izzy had a great time swimming too!
While she was gone, we got to take a nice motorcycle ride on Sunday evening.  Sadly, this was only the 2nd time I'd been on a ride...it's not easy to be spontaneous with Izzy :)  I MISS riding the motorcycle...the weather was PERFECT for a ride...a nice warm evening...beautiful sky..just perfect.


But THE BEST part of the weekend was the concert.  It was at The Lawn at White River..I had never been to a concert there before, and I had no idea what I was missing.  It's a GREAT place to see a show, and the setup couldn't have been more perfect for me.  Lovely evening outside, city skyline, AMAZING concert with my love.  awesome awesome awesome.

And I shall leave you with some AMAZING music...enjoy!  (btw...sorry if you hear me singing....I was completely caught up in the whole thing!  :)

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Looks like a freaking awesome way to spend an evening. We take advantage of all music options around here and have stumbled on some awesome music. We take Abby, so we stick to free shows in case it's not so great!