6.15.2011

Eau de Vapo-Rub

This house NEEDS to be quarantined.  Nothing in or out for 2 or 3 days.  We are a sick sick sick bunch.  It all started almost 2 weeks ago.  Izzy went to bed on a Thursday night and complained that there was something in her hair.  That's when I discovered this:


Yes, totally gross, but this indicates that the tubes are probably still working.  Joacim called the doc that Friday and spoke to the nurse practitioner and they agreed that as long as it was draining and not hurting, we'd leave it alone for now.  BIG MISTAKE.

Fast forward to a Wednesday of last week and she's starting to sound like Bonnie Tyler (Total Eclipse of the Heart????) after a night out at the bars.  I was working from home on Thursday because my feet were so swollen, so I kept her home with me to get some rest.  She started to get a fever, and it just went downhill from there.  We ended up taking her to the doctor on Friday and got her some drugs.

Unfortunately, that was probably a little too late.  She must've been pretty contagious, because Joacim and I were BOTH feeling it coming on Sunday night...cough, scratchy throat...you name it.  He was smart and went to the doctor yesterday AND stayed home today.  I am the not-so-smart one and have gone to work and NOT gone to the doctor.  I'm in the middle of a project at work, and it's been hard to get away.  And I completely regret it.  My chest is heavy...it's hard to breathe, my skin hurts, I've got the chills, and I'm coughing like there's no tomorrow.  Joacim's still not feeling better, but I think at least Izzy is.  Unfortunately, that also means she's got more energy, of which both of us put together can't match.  So, she is being babysat by Netflix tonight.  It's not a great parenting night, but she's sitting her next to me, quiet (which is MUCH better than the harmonica playing that was going on earlier).  Wish us luck (or send a helper!)

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Best of luck indeed - That's NEVER fun. Hope everyone is on the mend by now!

Netflix is not the worst babysitter, for the record. Sometimes it is exactly what is needed for everyone.