2.21.2011

Funk

I'm in one.


I've had some pretty severe headaches the past couple of weeks.  Last Monday and Tuesday were awful.  I could feel the headache coming on Sunday night.  The only thing that works to dull the pain is Excedrin, which I obviously don't want to take right before bed, so I just go to bed hoping that I can sleep it off.  Sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't.  And I woke up that Monday with a terrible headache.  I can't do much of anything when they hit...I just pretty much stay in bed.  Joacim bought me the most beautiful flower for Valentine's Day and I couldn't even get out of bed to look at them.  I took Excedrin, but it didn't help this time, and ended up going back to bed after Izzy went to sleep.  I was hopeful that I'd wake up Tuesday morning with it gone, but no luck.  I actually slept until 3:00 that afternoon....16 hours of sleep, and I was still exhausted.

This morning was pretty much the same thing.  Woke up with a headache...laid in bed until around 1:00pm, and then moved to the sofa and laid down.  I'm REALLY hoping tomorrow it's gone.

There are so many reasons why I hate this.  I feel guilty about all of the work I've been  missing because I have so much to do.  I feel guilty about the birthday party that Izzy missed yesterday because of a headache.  I've missed yoga sessions that I know would make me feel better but there's no way I could stand having my head upside-down.  The latest medication makes me dizzy a lot, especially during yoga so it's been a little scary.   I don't have the energy to do a lot of the things that that bring me joy, and I'm so freaking frustrated.

I've had an awful time getting my medications too.  My insurance at work is now forcing me to use a mail-in pharmacy to fill maintenance medication.  ALL of my medication is maintenance medication.  I got new prescriptions from my doctors, mailed them using priority mail with delivery notification.  When I checked the status of my order online, there was nothing.  NOTHING.  I called, and all I got was "We don't have them."  So it just doesn't seem like there's anything I can do to make this all go well.  Mail order pharmacies are HELL.  I tried to use them last year, but the sheer display of incompetence made me switch back to retail pharmacy.  But now I have no choice, and I have no idea what to do.  For one of my medications, the most I've ever paid in the last 6 months for a 30 day supply was around $100.  Today, my nephrologist called me and told me that the mail order pharmacy was going to charge me over $500 for a 3-month supply.  Now I know that one of the big draws of mail order is because you can get a 3 month supply for the cost of 2.  Somehow, their math isn't adding up.  And I'm pissed.  but I'm just too damn tired to know how to tackle this one.  So I'm just going to stop taking it.  Thank you Anthem and thank you Express scripts.  You've saved some money.

1 comment:

pregnant pink warrior said...

I know what you are going through. I suffer from extreme sinus headaches and I feel like climbing in a whole and staying there. Sometime it evens blurs my vision and makes me extremely nauseous. The thing I have learned over time is the more I try and push it the worse it gets. My body is just telling me tough you need to slow down and rest and if you don't we will make you. I have heard great things about acupuncture and was thinking about checking that out. I have also gotten really into tea lately and I found a lavender chamomile tea that calms my stomach and eases tension. I will send you the information. Hang in there!