11.04.2010

The trifecta (but not in a good way)

This day has been a challenge....a challenge to see any good in ...a challenge to "see the bright side" of anything.

I got my 24-hr urine test results back, and they were not what I expected...they were worse.  I went from spilling around 5.5 grams of protein to spilling 10g..WHILE ON MEDICATION.  I was pretty sure that it hadn't gotten better (not to gross anyone out, but a sign of protein leakage is foamy urine...and I mean foam that doesn't disappear) but my worst fear was that it had gotten worse.  What does this mean for me???  I have no idea.  I have an appointment on Monday, but I'm going to sit here and stew about it until then.  And I think anyone that knows me knows that I don't deal well with limbo.

Shortly after receiving my test results, I got a message from my Grandma to call her back as soon as possible.  Ok, for me, that's like the dreaded phone call in the middle of the night.  I knew it was about Dad because I had spoken to him earlier this morning.  He called to see if I had my test results back, and he mentioned that he was having chest pains and was going to all the doctor when they opened.  I'm not sure of the exact details, but eventually he made his way up to medical at work, they took his blood pressure and wanted to all ambulance.  I guess his blood pressure was somewhere around 160/120.  But Dad doesn't roll like that...no ambulance for him, so he called my stepmom who picked him up and took him to the emergency room.  He's at the hospital right now for observation...they did a CAT scan on him and discovered that he had an enlarged aorta.  At 5.5cm they need to replace it, and he's at 4.5 right now.  Not exactly sure what the plan is...they're still trying to get his blood pressure down.  I'm just waiting to see what we need to do.  I really want to take Izzy up there so he can see her...so he can remember why he needs to do EXACTLY WHATEVER THE DOCTORS TELL HIM TO DO, because he is the most stubborn man I've ever known.

And then, after all of that, I'm at home getting Izzy dinner, and Joacim calls me to tell me that he was rear-ended about a 1/2 mile from home.  He was stopped waiting to turn left, and some woman rear-ended him.  Luckily, he saw her with enough time to take his foot off the break, or he might have suffered some whiplash or something, but he seems to be fine.  The poor Volvo, however, is not.  Thank goodness the chassis is built like a tank, but not so much for the bumper.  It's literally hanging off the back of the car, with the sensors dangling.  It's a very very sad sight.




So, there's my trifecta.  They say bad things come in threes, do me and my family better be done.

You know...I'm kinda pissed about all of this right now.  Numb too...a little.  I mean, I've tried sooo hard to cultivate good karma. I recycle, clean up my dog poop, donate to charities, photographed 5 charity events this summer....and this is how karma responds????  I don't get it....I JUST. DON'T. GET IT.

No comments: