11.04.2010

Halloween 2010

Izzy's first Halloween experience of this season was at her daycare.  They had a carnival, where each room had a theme revolving around kids books.  Here we are getting dressed for the occasion.
You might recognize the "butterfly princess" outfit.  I decided it was much easier to put this one on her for this event.  We were one of the first families there (miracle of all miracles :) so Izzy had a chance to see all of the costumes.  She seemed a little confused about all of the kids, but she was completely freaked out about her teachers.  She didn't recognize any of them with their costumes on!  I felt so bad for her :)  And I think she thought that we were gong to leave her there, so she didn't want to get down or participate in ANYTHING.  Maybe next year, right?
The first stop was actually Izzy's room, and their theme was Dr. Seuss.  Here's Miss Rowena (dressed up as Thing 1).  Rowena is the "Weena" in "Tina Weena and she's GREAT!
And here's Lindsey dressed up as Thing 2.  Izzy just stared at them both skeptically.
And here's Miss Christina (or Tina from Tina Weena)
Butterfly wings upside-down, but they stayed on a lot better this way (and her pony-tails didn't get stuck in them :)
Like I said....no participation....
I wish I would've taken more pictures of the rooms because the staff did an AMAZING job of decorating them!  I have no idea where they found the time to do all of it, but it was incredible and truly appreciated.  Thank you!!!

I had gotten Izzy a pumpkin about a week before Halloween, but couldn't find the time after work to decorate it, so we ended up doing it ON the afternoon of Halloween.  Hey, better late than never, right?

That first dip in the pumpkin is always a little disturbing, as clearly indicated by the ridiculous face that I'm making.
Izzy wouldn't dare stick her hand in there.
I had used a template for the design this time, and gotten some little tools, so carving was MUCH more fun this time
And later in the evening, it was off for some trick-or-treating.  We went as a biker family (at least that's what I was originally going for), but Izzy found this headband that I had gotten her (and completely forgotten about) but I think it added a nice touch, don't you?
Joacim had gone out the previous night with some friends and donned this wig and a crazy satin shirt as his outfit, so he wore the same wig, and I think it went quite nicely.
Here's our neighbor, Amy, who Izzy's seen a bunch of times.  Do you see how she's curling into Joacim?  Like she'd jump into his skin if she could???
She had a bit of a meltdown at some point because I wouldn't (or couldn't any longer) carry her, even though we were nearly standing in our own driveway.
And since Izzy had her little witch hat on and Joacim had his wig on, I decided that I needed to pull out this wig from a Halloween costume from long ago.
I think we look absolutely ridiculous smashing!

I think this is one of my favorite photos now
After hanging out in front of the house and seeing all of the other kids get candy, Izzy decided she wanted to go out again.
And here's our pumpkin all lit up

I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween!