8.31.2010

Some lazy weekends.....



We've been pretty low-key the last couple of weekends, spending a lot of time hanging out at home.  I just wanted a little downtime...it seems like it's been so busy lately, and weekends have been flying by...I needed them to slow down a bit :)


Here's Izzy taking some interest in the Dora doll she got for her birthday.  She spent a good part of the evening brushing Dora's hair.  Luckily, Dora's hair gets messy so fast that she was occupied most of the night 
She IS a good helper when it comes to shucking sweet corn!


Bubbles.  What kid doesn't like bubbles????  I raided Toys R Us's summer clearance sale the other night, stocking up on bubbles...

She wanted to sit on my lap during dinner, and then she started eating the corn off my plate, so I got another ear for her and we cut it off.  She was just so focused on it....
And a funny smile in the tub after dinner....
She's a very polite little girl.  Here's an example:
And she still loves to swing
Joacim just told me that the apple tree that Izzy was swinging from in Sweden was blown down by a storm.  She'll be pretty disappointed when we go back and sees that it's not there anymore....good memories, though

Oh, I almost forgot these 2 videos....this one was taken on our morning walk with the dogs when Joacim was travelling to Canada a couple of weeks ago.
And then we went to the mall later that same day.  Izzy saw the jumpy trampoline thing and wanted to try it, so I let her....
yeah, maybe next time, kiddo!  But I'm proud of her for trying!
And when Joacim got home, we went out to eat dinner.  Izzy wanted to wear her clogs....she's getting MUCH better at walking in them now
Oh my...she's such a little GIRL now....no longer my baby....sad and happy at the same time.....



No comments: