4.07.2010

Recipe of the Day - Roast Chicken with Balsamic Bell Peppers

Woooo Hooooo!!!  Look at me actually blogging something on the day it happened!!!!  I honestly never thought it would happen, and I'm pretty sure it'll be a rare occasion, but I had to take advantage of it!

Ok, recipe for the day.  I didn't have anything planned, and got home a bit later than I thought, which pushed my workout a little bit later, but I remembered that I had this recipe handy and had not tried it yet (plus I had most of the ingredients (except for a minor substitution).


What I did different:
1.  did not use fennel seeds (don't like the taste of anise..just me personally)
2.  did not use rosemary (again, another flavor I just don't care fore)
3.  I realized, as I was already cooking :), that I didn't have chicken broth, so I substituted vegetable broth instead.  It worked fine (and Joacim RAVED about this dish), but I think I would've liked it with the chicken broth better.
4.  I made mashed potatoes, and added chives and dill to them
5.  I roasted some asparagus and tomatos while the chicken was cooking.  I seasoned them with salt, pepper, garlic powder and olive oil...yummy!

Hope you try and enjoy!!!

No comments: