2.25.2010

Recipe(s) of the Day - Multi-grain cereals

I've got 2 recipes to share today because I just couldn't decide between them since they were both so good (that and I figure I probably won't be blogging tomorrow). I've been trying to be a bit more conscious about what I'm putting into my body by eating more natural foods rather than all of the processed ones, and since I'm a HUGE fan of oatmeal, I was ridiculously happy to see these recipes in my January issue of Cooking Light.
Banana, Wheat Germ and Oats

This recipe is fantastic, but I found that I don't need to add the butter at the end like the recipe calls for, and a little brown sugar goes a long way. I haven't added the banana to it either, as a matter of fact, but I think I'm going to try it tomorrow.

Overnight Honey-Almond Multigrain Cereal

I also loved this one, but Joacim wasn't such a fan. It has a great nutty flavor, and TONS of texture. And holy cow, was I full after I ate it (of course, that didn't stop me from still having a chai afterwords...I'm such an emotional eater). However, I do have a warning....watch the cereal carefully when in the microwave. Mine boiled over and made a HUGE mess...not exactlhy what I want to be dealing with on a weekday morning!

And along the lines of more natural foods, I got so excited today because this arrived on my doorstep:

It's my newest cookbook from Amazon called Artisan Bread in Five Minutes A Day. I'm going to try to make some crusty peasant bread this weekend. I've never been much of a baker, but I LOVE me some good bread. Wish me luck!

No comments: