2.24.2010

Recipe of the day - Asian Beef Noodle Lettuce Cups


Some of my friends have asked me several times about the meals I'm eating for lunch (which is typically leftovers from the night before). Since I can't seem to remember to ever send them the recipe :), AND since they (and hopefully others) read this blog, I thought this would be a good place to link to the recipes.

I'm a HUGE fan of Cooking Light Magazine. We're trying to eat healthier (but still have to have cookies and milk for a snack :), and this magazine has a TON of great recipes! For dinner tonight, we had Asian Beef and Noodle-Filled Lettuce cups, and they were REALLY good. I do have a few suggestions, though:
1. Use Boston Lettuce for the lettuce cups. I tried this "living lettuce" thing, and they were just too flimsy to be of any use;
2. Might want to have some kind of Asian-type sauce on hand to spice it up a little. The sauce in the recipe is very good, but we needed a little "kick".
3. This recipe would be great if you omit the vermicelli and serve the rest over brown rice. YUMMY!!!

Enjoy!

No comments: