2.18.2010

Joacim's tattoo

For those of you that don't already know, Joacim has a tattoo. I'm not sure why that surprises so many people, but it's happened several times. Anyway, this isn't about surprising people about his tattoo, but rather what he had added to it.

He's been talking about getting another one for awhile. He wants to get a portrait of Izzy sometime, but he has to find the right person to do that, and it's not easy. He put some serious time into researching local artists, and was lucky to have found a really good one close to here. His name is Ryan Dearringer, and here is his website

Let's go back and revisit the tattoo that he already has....

Ok, this picture was taken WAYYYYY back in 2005 when we were on our honeymoon in St. Lucia, but it's really the only photo I could find of his tattoo (he'll probably hate the fact that it's a picture of him eating though...OMG...I remember how good that meal tasted...it was chicken something, and I think we ate it every day...OK, MUST STAY FOCUSED.... :)
And here's what it looked like when he came home after round 2. The tattoo actually took 3 visits to complete, but I didn't get any photos after the 1st time because there really wasn't much to show.

Here's a close-up of the eagle.

What was really cool was that the tattoo artist used sharpies to draw on Joacim's arm so he could get an idea of what the tattoo would look like when completely finished, and I have to admit, I had a hard time telling that it was sharpies and not the actual tattoo

Now, let's look at the finished product.....he came pretty damn close to the sharpie drawing, don't you think?






I wish I would've taken more pictures of the in-between stages, because I had no idea how weird it would look while it was healing. You watch those tattoo shows on TV, and they just walk out with some plastic taped over their newest body art, but I never knew how long it takes to heal

Ok, before I end this post, I wanted to show you all photos of the skull that I got Joacim for Valentines Day...remember...the COOLEST GIFT EVER??? Ok, I'm probably the only one that thinks this, but so be it.


No comments: