1.03.2010

Christmas Eve and Day 2009

This was a great Christmas. Joacim and I were both worried because the last time we spent Christmas here alone (which was in 2006) it wasn't very much fun with just the two of us. But with Izzy it's SOOO much more fun! She's not quite old enough to get caught up in the Christmas spirit, and she's absolutely terrified of Santa, but it was a great holiday nonetheless. I even got a little weepy as she and I were laying in the spare bedroom watching White Christmas. This is a tradition for me (usually watched on Christmas Eve, but I was terribly sick with some virus so it didn't happen) and it's one that I hope Izzy and I can share in the future. I hope to pass on a lot of things, and I'm sure it'll be confusing for her due to the differences in the Swedish and American traditions, but we'll figure it all out!

Another tradition that we have is to be able to open one gift on Christmas Eve. Izzy was much more interested in the box....at first...

but she ended up loving her school bus

We got a REALLY late start on Christmas Day. We had breakfast first, and then walked Murphy, and it wasn't before noon that we opened our first present I think. I love lazy days, and I'll treasure this Christmas, because we might not be so lucky in the upcoming ones! :)



It's a little sad that I didn't get more photos of Izzy opening gifts, but I was so focused on the video camera that I completely forgot! Que terrible!!!!

This is the "big" gift for Izzy....she LOVES this little kitchen!!!

We also got her a vacuum. Now, I gotta say that I feel a little bad buying her things like this because I might be reinforcing gender roles (yeah, call it the feminist in me), but she does love these things! And we got her the vacuum because she's been trying to vacuum with us every time we bring it out. Now she can get her own!

Here she is skyping with her farmor and farfar in Sweden

I'm so thankful that we got to spend this time together as a family. I hope everyone else had a very Merry Christmas!!

1 comment:

Life Long Learner said...

Jenn,
I love Izzy's new kitchen! And don't worry about the gender thing, as long as Joacim continues to use it too, I don't think your compromising your "feminist" side at all! Glad to hear you had a wonderful Christmas!