10.13.2009

Some good news!!!

My intermittent leave at work finally got approved!!! Now you may be asking "What's the intermittent leave for?" Well, I wanted to have it as an option for this whole kidney thing. The last time I went through this, I pushed through, even on the most miserable of days, but I just kept making everything worse. This time I wasn't going to do that. There are days when I just can't or shouldn't go to work...I'm not doing anyone any good there, so this leave provides me the protected absence.

I've been working on this since August 24th. It normally doesn't take this long, but there was a lot of back and forth with my doctor and the case manager at work, and logistically it was a nightmare. I can't tell you what an enormous load was lifted off of my shoulders today. I needed this. I needed to know that I worked for a company that cared about me, and I feel that I got that today, so I'm very very thankful.

No comments: