9.23.2009

Izzy's ISR classes

Izzy started ISR classes on Monday. ISR stands for Infant Swimming Resource. Essentially, it's a class that will teach Izzy to float, alert and kick to the side if she were to fall into a body of water. Ok, that's not exactly the best explanation, but there are some GREAT videos on their website. Here's a link.

My friend, Liza, took her son through these classes, and I was amazed. I went to his first class to check it out, and I saw a video of the last class, and it was incredible what Cristian had learned! I'm convinced that this is such a wonderful opportunity for Izzy.

Now, of course, I was so hopeful that Izzy would take right to the water, since she LOVES taking baths, but of course, I was wrong :) No worries, though...I'm confident that in a few more days it'll be better, but the first day, she screamed like a banshee the ENTIRE TIME. The first lesson was only 5 minutes long (each lesson is no longer than 10 minutes), but it felt like the longest 5 minutes.





Well if this isn't the worst look we've received from her in some time...I felt so guilty

And yep, even after she was dressed, she was still crying!
From The Trunk's Junk

The good thing is that she ate the best she's eating after this lesson.
She was H-U-N-G-R-Y!!!

Tuesday's lesson had a little less screaming, but not much. Barb (her instructor) worked on getting Izzy to reach for the bar at the side of the pool, and to get her to close her mouth when her face is near water. She went under several times too. There isn't a lot scarier than watching Loppan sink under water with her eyes open, bubbles coming out of her mouth. She's under no more than 3-4 seconds at a time, but still...it's scary.

Today's lesson was awesome! Much less screaming, and Izzy actually had her head under water, floating on her belly...sometimes even kicking her feet! She did such a fantastic job!!! But she had TON of air in her belly tonight...hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow morning. The great thing is that she's SOOOO snuggly because she's so tired. I'm VERY excited about what I see with her and these classes!!! Friday is the next day I can take pictures, so you'll have to wait until then!

No comments: