9.22.2009

Chicago vacation day 2 - September 15th

Wow! Joacim is GREAT. I asked for a 1/2 hour of uninterrupted time to blog, so he took Izzy and Murphy on a walk....what a guy!

Ok, on to day 2 of our vacation. The only thing we had planned for this day was a trip to the Swedish consulate to pick up Joacim's driver's license. That kind of sparked the whole trip in the first place..plus I didn't know how I was going to be feeling with the steroids, and the fact that we both just missed the city.
So here's Izzy after she woke up and got changed....she just HAD to have her stinky pink shoes on, but I love how she's checking out the view...

The Swedish Consulate is in this building. Joacim and I were wondering what qualifications you have to have to work in there, because I want them. So nice and serene...very Swedish in design as well. And they were so friendly! They helped us get Izzy started on her Swedish citizenship so when we go next summer we can pick up her Swedish passport!

After the consulate, we headed over to Millenium Park. We wanted to get her out of the stroller and let her roam around (figuring that would tire her out, right?). She's such a very determined little walker...always looks like she's going somewhere with a purpose.

Here's "The Cloud Gate" sculpture....LOVE this one...so fun to see the funny faces you can make outside and underneath...

And a little pullback for some effect..

Time for a snack...

And some water (this is Joacim tryin' to get all fancy again with the camera..not holding it in front of him but snapping away like she's a runway model..too funny!)

Izzy has really ramped up her knowledge of body parts...particular her belly button, eyes and nose. Here they are pointing out each other's noses...

And sometimes Izzy misses and sticks her finger IN your nose :)

I don't even know what she's upset about here, but she still looks cute

And she's LOVING steps now...I think she was trying to escape us

Pit stop!

Off to the interactive "Crown Fountain". There were some adorable kids playing in the water (on in particular who would stand up, then bend over and dip her entire head into the water) so we thought we'd give Izzy a try and see what she'd do. Well, the answer is "not much". She'd walk around a lot, but didn't end up getting all that wet...she'd splash a little but she spent more time looking around than anything else.

She only shows interested when I'm pulllig her away

Here's the new Trump Tower. It's not open yet, but the outside looks pretty much done. They're going to have to update all of their pictures of the city skyline, because this thing definitely changes it!


Here's a little culture for ya...I have no idea why this is here, but it's nice to look at. I think it was there to distract you from the construction. I tell you that you would have no idea there is a recession based off of the sheer volume of construction we saw in the city. INCREDIBLE!!! Every street corner seemed to have something going on! Maybe they're getting ready for the Olympics!!! Keeping my fingers crossed that they're picked on October 2nd!!!

Finally, a nap....

And here Izzy and I are with a friend I reconnected with on Facebook. Her name is Meredith, and we went to school together until 9th grade when she moved up to Gurnee, Illinois. I love the fact that we were able to get together while we were up there! Thanks Meredith! I do feel a little bad that we went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner, but I wanted someplace close and where I thought Izzy would eat. She, of course, didn't eat, but it was still close!

And here I am at the end of my post, and I can't believe I didn't take a single video of this day. I'm such a slacker.......

No comments: