6.21.2009

Great weekend....

This was one of the best weekends I've had. Plain and simple. I think it's because I finally took some time to relax and enjoy, and it made a world of difference. I mean, it actually feels like I had a restful weekend, and I can't remember the last time I thought that.

After I picked up Izzy from daycare on Friday, we went straight outside to enjoy the weather. Sure, it was hot, but we had this brand new pool/sprinkler thingy that my friend Rebecca had gotten Izzy for her birthday. We've been waiting for this one, so THANK YOU REBECCA!!! Of course, I couldn't figure out how to connect it to the hose (damn quick-disconnect) so we had to wait until Joacim got home...that and the fact that we hadn't mowed the grass in awhile made Izzy none too happy to be out there. So, we moved up to the patio while Joacim mowed the lawn.

We had gotten Izzy a picnic table with a built-in sandbox/water play area built into the top, so we decided to check that out. I hadn't filled it with sand yet...we spent most of the time just sitting at it and hanging out. And now I know why I hadn't filled it with sand...it's because my daughter EATS it......Yes, she seems to love grabbing a handful and shoving it in her mouth...and every time I said no, she looked at me, smiled, and ever so quickly grabbed another handful and shoved it in her mouth. I swear this girl was doing it to spite me (she's gonna be a handful..:). Here she is with a mouthful of sand...


Thankfully, she still enjoys "normal" food...


On Saturday, we did a lot of the same. Izzy and I went for a walk with Murphy while Joacim vacuumed (she's not a fan of the vacuum, so we have to do it while she's out). When we got back, she played and we finished cleaning up. After her nap, we went outside for some more pool time. We had filled up her inflatable pool earlier so the water would warm up...plus we were finally going to try out the pool/sprinkler thingy.

Check out this devilish little smile....She LOVED being in the pool!

Here's Murphy enjoying the pool/sprinkler thingy (I think he got more use out of it than she did...she's not too sure about it yet, but she'll warm up to it eventually.

Here she is chillin' like a villain'

She was such a trip this weekend...happy, chatty..just so much fun. It's hard to put into words. Towards the end of the night when we're trying to wind down, I laid on the floor with her to give her a bottle. We were all snuggled in, and I swore she'd relax enough to eventually fall asleep.

Here she was just a few minutes later. Hardly the relaxed little girl I thought I'd have :)

This morning, we woke up and ambushed Joacim for Father's Day. Here's a few I thought I'd share:




Like I said, it's hard to put into words, but I just fell in love with her so much again this weekend. I've been having a rough time of it lately because she didn't want much to do with me. I know it goes in waves, but it's hard when I'm not the one she wants to go to. Lucky for me, it seems she's coming back my way, and lucky for Joacim in that it doesn't seem like anything changed for her, because she still LOVES her pappa too! We're both gettin' LOTS o' Love from the Boo!!!

No comments: