1.11.2009

New Year's Eve 2008

For New Year's this year, we decided to invite the Benatti's over for dinner. Now, I tend to get VERY stressed out about making big dinners, so I swore that I was not going to do that this year. Usually I get stressed out because I try some recipe that I've never attempted before, but not this time...I was going with a tried-and-true recipe. It's this WONDERFUL chicken wreath thingy that my friend Rebecca told me about. And since I'm so proud of the way it turned out, I, of course, took a photo:

The photo didn't turn out too well (too much yellow), but as soon as I figure out my new photo software, I'll show you what it SHOULD look like :)

Anyway, enough about that. We had a very nice evening...spent a lot of time around the kitchen table, eating, talking, drinking...and then some more eating :)

Here we area all around the table:


Neither did Bianca


Oliver didn't quite make it to the end


At midnight, we got out glasses and bottles of champagne (ok, sparkling wine, whatever...) and went outside to shoot off fireworks. I can't tell you how magical it is in Sweden on New Year's Eve. Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, shoots off fireworks at midnight. It's better than our 4th of July! And the last few times I've been there, it's been kinda foggy..it's partially a downer because you can't see them very well, but the ones you can see are shrouded in this fuzzy fog, and it's just fantastic!! Anyway, nothing too spectacular here, but here's a video for Joacim ( he LOVES fireworks!)

Happy 2009!!!

No comments: