6.15.2008

All about Izzy

Hello all and Happy Father's Day! Joacim received a lovely engraved photo frame from Izzy. I figured that there was never going to be a good time start posting again, and I can't make up for the last 2 weeks of info that everyone's missed out on, so I'm just gonna dive right in.

Isabelle (Izzy) Grace Trunk was born on June 2, 2008 at 9:49pm (the same day as my last post!). She weight 6 pounds 9 oz, and was 20 inches long. It was a very exciting and quick birth, but I wouldn't necessarily say that it was easy. By no means no, "easy" is not a word I would use to describe it. I'm trying to capture all of the details of the labor and birth, so I'll add that to the blog later on. Needless to say, we are thrilled with her arrival and are so happy that she's a healthy little girl. We were able to bring her home that next Wednesday night, and have been enjoying some serious family time together these last 2 weeks. Joacim was able to be off of work this entire time, and it's been a HUGE help. It's been nice to spend this time together, and for the two of us to try to figure this parenting thing out :)

Izzy has been quite a good little girl since we brought her home. I tried to have her sleep in her pack-n-play at the end of our bed, but that wasn't really working. I don't think she likes laying flat, because she hates getting her diaper changed, getting a bath and sleeping in that pack-n-play. I've had her sleeping in her bouncy chair for the last week, and it's been working out pretty well. We had 3 nights where she slept for 4 hours, woke up to eat, and then slept another 4 hours. It was HEAVEN. Can't say that the last couple of days have been that good, but I think our little girl is a bit gassy, and she's been a tad fussy. Hopefully tonight she'll sleep because Pappa has to go back to work tomorrow and he's going to need some sleep.

All in all, we've been adjusting pretty well. I've gotta go feed the little munchkin now, so I'm going to have to cut this post short. Thank you to everyone who has called, emailed and visited. You kind thoughts and gifts have been very much appreciated. Gotta go!

No comments: