34 weeks

It's been a bit busy this week it seems, although slower than the last few. We had our last baby class at St. Francis this week (breastfeeding) and it was actually very informative. Of course, it's almost hard to keep a straight face when the videos they show are from the early 80's. Overall, a positive experience.

We are LOVING our new floors. The house feels so much cleaner, and it's easier to keep clean. Now I'm freaked out when I look at the carpet in the bedroom and see all of the dog hair there. Speaking of dog hair, we took the little Murph to the vet on Monday because he's been itching non-stop for the last couple of weeks. The vet said it's most likely due to allergies (the pollen count here is off the charts!), so they gave him a cortisone shot and some steroid pills. He seems to be doing MUCH better now, but the bedroom is where he goes to itch (seems to be the only place he can get some traction), so the carpet is contstantly covered in hair in there.

Our doula, Erin, came over today to practice some of the techniques she's going to help us with during labor. I feel really comfortable knowing she's going to be here helping Joacim and me throughout the labor, because me thinks we're going to need all the help we can get.

It was GREAT weather today. After Erin left, we finished up getting the backyard ready for the fence that's going in this week. I'm more excited about that than anything else right now, because it means Murphy and I can hang out outside and I don't have to be worried that the little bullet is going to take a hike. Joacim and Murphy were out there this morning, and Murphy was great, but there's always a chance that something's going to catch his eye and then he's gone....

I have 7 more days of work left, and I can't wait to be finished. My brain is just not there anymore, and it's not easy to sit in that chair all day and concentrate. I can get up and walk around a bunch, but then I just get outta breath. Double-edged sword, I know. Plus, I'm starting to get heartburn after lunch now, and I'm already taking the maximum dose of heartburn pills right now, so I'm going to ask the doc on Tuesday if there's something else I can do. I took a benadryl last night so I could get some sleep, and boy did it ever work. Too bad I can't do that every night, but then it's so hard to wake up the next morning, so I guess that wouldn't be too much help either.

No comments: