2.10.2015

Haircut!

Izzy's been talking about cutting her hair for the last couple of weeks.  I was so afraid that I had influenced it, because she kept saying things like, "Mommy, I wanna cut my hair short like it was when I was little and you loved it."  Terribly adorable, but also scary because of the influence you have over your little ones without even knowing it.

She and I talked about it, and I let her know that I love her and her hair no matter what.  I felt like this was another one of those teachable moments for her, and by that I mean it was an opportunity to help her understand that she isn't defined by what she looks like...especially the length of her hair.  I mean, if she doesn't like it, she can always grow it back, right?  I'm a little ramble-y here, but I want to remember what I was thinking during this time 20 years from now :)








I'm so glad I didn't try to talk her out of this.  She looks so happy!!!

No comments: