10.21.2011

My little ballerina princess at the carnival

Tonight was the annual carnival at Izzy's daycare.  They call it a carnival, but it always happens before Halloween, so let's just call it a Halloween party, shall we?

This year I asked Izzy what she wanted to be instead of decided for her, and she decided that she wanted to be a princess.  No surprise there since the whole "Rock Star Princess" thing has yet to wear off :)

I was lucky enough to have a friend with a daughter older than mine (thanks Rebecca!) that I borrowed a costume from, and Izzy was THRILLED with it.  I've let her wear it around the house a couple of times and she's loved it.

When she got home from daycare, I curled her hair.  This was the first time I'd ever done that, and it looked so good!  Then I got her dressed and got her silver glitter shoes on and crown and she was set.  She decided she was a ballerina then, and I'll say she was the prettiest little ballerina I'd ever seen.



And then we got to the daycare and she turned in to this sullen, shy little girl
But Joacim was able to get one smile out of her before we went in
I'm not sure if I wrote about it last year, but this carnival is great.  The daycare goes ALL OUT for this, and it's truly incredible.  There's a general theme to the carnival, and then each room has a specific part of that theme. This year the theme was Christmas, and so we had The Grinch, Charlie Brown, Rudolph and Frosty, to name a few.  These ladies truly deserve applause for how great it is!

Our first stop was Izzy's old room with her teachers "Teena" and "Weena" (or Christina and Roena).  Now I thought that this would be perfect for Izzy since she LOVES these two, but she was pretty clammed up here too.  It must be the costumes of the adults that throws her off....
 See what I mean by how great it looks?
 Here's Izzy getting a jingle bell necklace





I think this is such a great event, and the kids REALLY have a great time, so THANK YOU to Especially Kids!!!

And after that, we went to Chili's for a quick bite to eat.  I had to take Izzy to the bathroom, and the number of comments and smiles we got was hard to beat.  Izzy seemed completely oblivious to it until we walked out of the bathroom and down the aisle and all of the little kids started waving at her, and then she ran to me and buried her head :)

1 comment:

Rob Monroe said...

Abby declares before big things like that "I am going to be shy, is that okay, Dad?" Sure, sweetie, but I know it will change once we get inside. :)

Your girlie is absolutely adorable!