3.04.2011

I met an astronaut today.....

No, that's not some some catchy little clip to draw you in to ready this.  I seriously met an ASTRONAUT today!!!!

I have to thank my colleague, Bryan, for letting me tag along to see NASA astronaut David Wolf speak today at IUPUI.  I was able to actually meet him and have a conversation, and I'm sure that not many people can say that they HAVE THE BUSINESS CARD OF A NASA ASTRONAUT.  No?  Well, I CAN!!!  haahahaahaa!!!!



I didn't get a picture with me, because I'm just not the type to ask for it, but I got the next best thing.  I mean...he was sitting RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME TALKING TO ME.  OMG....I'm still so excited!  In all seriousness, this was the fulfillment of a childhood dream.  When I was younger, I wanted to be an astronaut.  And actually, until my 1st year of college, I thought that's EXACTLY what I'd be when I grew up.  What happened to that dream, you ask?  Well, let's just say that the universe conspired against me ;)

But I'm wondering if the universe is trying to make up for it now.  I mean, I watched the shuttle launch on Thursday (which I actually haven't done in a while, but was for some reason completely captivated by it), spent some time on Friday scouring YouTube for videos of shuttle launches from inside the cockpit, and now this.  Yep, universe, I think I hear ya'.  And I think I wanna go see a shuttle launch. That would be the ULTIMATE dream for me.  But there are only two left...guess I better start planning.  Who's with me?

1 comment:

Lacy Park said...

That is awesome!!!!! Good for you!